MAD Security Careers
Come join a team of some of the brightest and most innovative security experts around!
MAD Security offers a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, 401k matching, bonuses (we like to reward you for your hard work), training on next generation security tools, and flexible time off.
For Trusted Partners (1099):
We are also looking for partners that we can work with that can augment our skills and add depth to our team. We frequently receive requests for work that is a little out of our lane or that we can’t take on due to full bookings, and in those cases we like to work with trusted partners to create win/win scenarios.
MAD Security Career Postings:
Virtual Compliance Manager Consultant
- Job Title
- Virtual Compliance Manager Consultant
- Job ID
- Huntsville, AL 35806
- Other Location
Virtual Compliance Manager Consultant
MAD Security is the premier Managed Security Services Provider that combines technology, services, support, and training to simplify the cybersecurity challenge. We regularly provide our services and expertise to defense industry-based contractors, aviation and aerospace companies, government contractors, financial institutions, technology services companies, higher education institutes, and manufacturing entities to manage risk, meet compliance requirements, and reduce costs, while bringing them peace of mind.
Our team members consist of passionate security practitioners and thought leaders that continuously share forward thinking and innovative ideas. Team members work in a dynamic and collaborative environment providing our clients innovative solutions that fit their needs and keep their organizations safe from today’s cybersecurity threats. Team members employ cyber and information security methodologies designed to assess the triad of people, processes, and technologies.
Are you interested in becoming a cybersecurity compliance consultant? Do you have a fundamental level of knowledge and experience with information systems? Are you comfortable speaking professionally with clients to provide consultation services to them over video conference calls?
We’re looking for a candidate who is interested in becoming an experienced cybersecurity compliance consultant in our Virtual Compliance Manager (VCM) role. This role will require the team member to guide remediation efforts for each client over a period of many months until remediation is complete, to provide advice and assistance to clients with regard to remediation questions and concerns, and to be able to research issues and provide answers to clients. The ideal candidate will have some experience in Help Desk activities, System Administration, Networking, and/or Patch Management, as well as conducting interviews, asking questions, investigating issues, and finding and creating solutions that support the client’s compliance requirements. Compliance requirements are typically within the common frameworks, such as NIST 80-53, NIST 800-171, and CMMC. The candidate should be familiar with cybersecurity policies and understand how to build rapport and maintain client relationships with a focus on partnership to address their cybersecurity challenges. The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking with and briefing company CEOs and Presidents as well as Information System Managers and Cybersecurity Specialists.
This team member will:
· Support the existing Virtual Compliance Manager (VCM) program.
· Join calls to introduce the VCM engagement to new clients and schedule future calls with VCM clients.
· Educate clients on information security and applicable control requirements.
· Research, review, and respond to client requests.
· Project manage client remediation efforts towards compliance.
· Advise on risk mitigation and remediation plans.
· Provide information security consulting to clients based on industry best practices.
· Provide continuous evaluation and improvement of methodologies and internal processes.
· Communicate regularly with team and with clients to proactively address concerns.
· Work collaboratively with MAD Security’s Sales, Technical Testing Team, and SOC to provide a holistic and seamless cybersecurity experience for the client.
· Integrity: Is ethical and respectful to clients and team.
· Grit: Ability to self-motivate and self-manage, ability to meet deadlines when faced with competing priorities.
· Is customer-centric: Understands that partnership with our clients is a “win-win” scenario.
· Selfless: Understands that when one team member succeeds, we all succeed.
· Knowledge of Risk Management, IT Governance, and Information Security best practices, standards and frameworks such as NIST, FFIEC, ISO, CIS 20, HIPAA, etc.
· 2+ years of experience in the information security field.
· Good time management, project management and problem-solving skills.
· Security controls and/or architecture assessment experience.
· Experience interviewing IT and non-IT staff to identify as-is processes and procedures.
· Understanding of information security engagements with a preference for DFARS, NIST, and CMMC assessments.
· Knowledge of security control implementations in various environments.
· Experience authoring cybersecurity policies, procedures (to include Incident response, business continuity, disaster recovery, and more).
· Significant experience working as a consultant working in a consulting firm managing multiple client projects.
· A desire to take on roles of increasing responsibility including defining services, managing teams and coordinating resources.
· One or more of the following: CAP, CySA+, SSCP, Security+ or equivalent certification.
· Application Security and/or Vulnerability Assessment experience.
· Penetration Testing and Social Engineering knowledge.
· High level working knowledge of security solutions such as endpoint security, DLP, SIEM, etc., and what problems those solutions are designed to solve.
· Knowledge of various security technologies and leading product families.
· Ability to review security architecture and advise on security requirements.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Assurance, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Business Management or other related field, or equivalent experience.