- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- JERICHO, NY 11753-1059
- Other Location
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm.
We are a well-established CPA firm for over 70 years that is committed to providing high quality service and personal attention to businesses and individuals. Led by active and engaged problem solvers, we provide clients with the most current financial planning strategies, accounting, and consulting services in our fast paced, client-centric, boutique style firm.
We are actively interviewing to hire immediately an experienced Administrative Assistant. We are seeking a detail-oriented and meticulous employee, with excellent follow-through skills. The right candidate will have 8 or more years of relevant experience and the capability to lead a past paced front office.
- Read and distribute incoming mail.
- Answer, screen, and route phone calls.
- Greet visitors and conduct to appropriate area or person.
- Coordinate Partners’ schedules and make appointments.
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Maintain and orders supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Maintain break areas, stocks coffee, snacks, etc.
- Handle catering for meetings, set up and break down conference room.
- Coordinate ordering of staff meals as needed.
- Review and pay company invoices.
- Prepare, issue, and send out client bills.
- Log incoming checks for deposit in billing system.
- Update existing and new client details in tax software.
- Liaise with IT support to resolve team inquiries.
- Assist with planning and prep of off-site company events.
- During tax season, additional responsibilities may include logging incoming and outgoing client tax documents, responding to client tax return status by checking log or tax software, assembling and mailing tax returns, and using software to e-file tax returns.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant role is a must.
- Experience using billing systems a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, scanning and phone systems.
- Regular hours Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm.
- During Tax Season Monday to Thursday extended hours until 6:30pm.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.