- Job Title
- Operations Director
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006-6623
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
This Operations Director is accountable for all activities related to the company manufacturing and packaging operations and for achieving business objectives for the production within the site, in full compliance with procedures and government regulations and internal company standards and values; Judge by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
People, Leadership, Internal communication
- Provide leadership to direct reporting supervisors and their respective employees
- Develop a cohesive team among the manufacturing/packaging staff to increase effectiveness and excellent customer relations
- Direct, oversee and participate in the recruitment, selection, promotion, and termination of personnel
- Conduct performance appraisals and reviews with the respective supervisors
- Build effective lines of communication throughout the company to foster a sense of teamwork, enthusiasm, pride and quality
- Develop a close working relationship with peers and all other company departments including sales & marketing, R&D, warehousing, quality, and finance
- Develop effective work scheduling procedures
- Management of production schedules to fulfill current and/or forecasted orders for manufactured products required by customers
- Establish a focus on customer service by all departmental employees and review their actions regularly to continue service execution at the highest possible level
- Evaluate production process needs, resolve problems and obstacles, provide resources, reset direction, and maximize effective interactions and functioning
- Measure progress by established standards of performance
- Reinforce the company's commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Plans and implements site strategies for acquisition of operations equipment
- Participates in facility planning to ensure that both product and process business objectives are met
- Supports the implementation of systems within the site
- Provide input and support implementation of manufacturing policies and strategies to comply with industry standards and federal regulations such as cGMP or OSHA
- Ensure compliance and adherence to manufacturing procedures within operations
- Assure that cGMP and safety training is conducted in a timely, efficient, and complete manner
- Adhere to the code of the company employee manual
- Make staffing decisions and recommendations to ensure a stable team as well as maintaining the budgeted staff requirements
- Maintain systems to recommend changes to improve quality and reduce costs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) or equivalent; six to twelve years related experience a contract manufacturing organization focusing in food, cosmetics/personal care or OTC products; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Business Suite, Email, and internet software.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.