Skip to main content
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Product Owner – Customer Experience
- Job Title
- Product Owner – Customer Experience
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in energy, technology, and a passion to deliver products for a growing company, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team delivering new scalable solutions to fulfill front office expectations. This role is focused on the front- end experience involving Customer Care, Operations, and Customer Retention. This position is a fully integrated member of the Software Development team who will be responsible for creating user stories, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product. This role also works very closely with many teams across MP2 and Shell to evolve the product roadmap and communicate delivery schedules. Key successes will come from meeting expected return on investment metrics which will drive MP2 growth expectations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for shaping the future evolution of the front-office applications and managing it
throughout its lifecycle to ensure return on investment expectations.
• Work directly with MP2 stakeholders to understand areas for business process design and
enhancement by way of evaluating and making recommendations on specifications for new features or
• Develop all necessary design, user story requirements, and testing specifications to be used by the
development and quality assurance teams for sprint-ready qualifications.
• Work collaboratively within a Scrum team to produce high quality software applications.
• Translate high-level strategy & product direction into features, epics, and user stories: prioritize in the
product backlog for selection for sprint backlog.
• Evaluate the quality of ongoing project work efforts and ensure production proceeds according to
• Responsible for a full CRM solution the agent will use, screens, telephony, help/knowledge, reviewing
bills, customer sign-up, etc.
• Provide technical and financial analytics
• Responsible for complete agent experience, including agent UI facilitating the customer journey.
• Provide product and pricing configuration, and customer communications and email templates.
• Provide direct input on the product roadmap to align with company goals, milestones,
strategy, and budget.
• Define long-term, short-term, and daily work priorities to guide the effort of the development team
working in a scrum approach.
• Responsible for change management including the notification to all impacted departments to ensure
changes are well understood and meet their needs.
• Prioritize and own backlog grooming sessions and drive acceptance testing and the delivery of
• Communicate proactively on status, changes, gaps, and workarounds clearly and succinctly to all
project stakeholders including third party vendor(s).
• Responsible for communicating overall project status and needed escalation to the leadership team if
scope, budget, or timeline is at risk.
• Lead in giving demos and training other MP2 departments impacted by new features.
• Give and receive feedback from Retrospectives with the Business Solutions Team to share best
practices and continuously improve quality.
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
• Critical/Analytical Thinking
• Customer Service Oriented
• Highly Motivated
• Positive Attitude
• Quick Learner
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Deep knowledge of the energy industry and retail electric provider business operations with an
emphasis on retail billing and operations.
• Experience in the back-office functions of retail power (i.e. retail pricing and structuring, historical
usage acquisition, load forecasting, risk analysis, and retail billing and operations), especially in the
Northeast American de-regulated energy markets
• Work with outside vendor system integrators to drive on schedule and on budget.
• Experience in gathering requirements, engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the
organization, defining product strategy and roadmaps, translating requirements to development and
QA teams and being the voice of the business.
• Comprehensive understanding of business rules and retail operations.
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies and support the continuous improvement of MP2.
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum.
• Advanced leadership skills with the capacity to influence.
• Experience with change management best practices.
• Ability to drill down into the details of a delivery request without losing sight of the big picture.
• Assist in testing on an as needed basis.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and time management skills.
• Possess a wide degree of creativity and innovation.
• Ability to multi-task, problem solve and articulate thoughts and concepts well.
• Ability to think strategically as well as understand the practical, day-to-day implementation
requirements for successful completion.
• Conflict management and resolution.
• 7+ years of experience in a Product Owner, Project Management and/or Business Analyst capacity.
• Bachelor’s degree Major: Computer Science or related field.
• Proficient in one or more programming languages, preferred.
• General understanding of database architectures, table structures, preferred.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, and strong Excel skills.
• Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level
of attention to detail.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain
positive and effective working relationships.
• Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge.
• Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills.
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
• Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
• Vacation & Company Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.