Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Personnel Security Administrator
- Job Title
- Personnel Security Administrator
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, is seeking an experienced Personnel Security Administrator (PSA) to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and other Government agencies as needed. The Personnel Security Administrator requires a Background Investigation prior to access to Government sites and information.
The Personnel Security Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the personnel security functions, for example gathering documentation, processing new employees for security clearances, processing individuals for necessary badges, and request for access actions, and other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Required Years of Experience: 2 years of experience as a personnel security officer, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Duties and responsibilities include acting as a liaison between the subject, Security POC, Program Manager, and Program Management Office throughout the clearance process, as well as interfacing with the VA customer.
- Candidate will keep informed of VA policy changes and interpret/implement those changes within Liberty once confirmed with contracts.
- High standards of professionalism are essential, as well as the ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Manage personnel security clearances to include coordinating initial clearance submissions and periodic reinvestigations with employees, providing guidance and instruction to employees to ensure completion of security paperwork, performing ink and electronic fingerprinting of initial clearance candidates, and providing follow-up clearance status on processed clearances to managers.
- Maintain and coordinate excellent working relationships with government agencies and program managers.
- Creates reports and maintains documents / databases to accurately track candidates through the security process from initial clearance submission until they are granted a final clearance
- VA or other Federal Government experience required.
- Must have ability to use discretion when handling sensitive personal information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as a solid group contributor working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple activities with multiple priorities.