Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Solution Train Engineer
- Job Title
- Solution Train Engineer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL
- Other Location
Summary: The Solution Train Engineer (STE) is a servant leader and coach for the Solution Train. The Solution Train Engineer’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the major events and processes, and assist the teams in delivering value. Solution Train Engineers communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. The Solution Train Engineer facilitates and guides the work of all Solution Trains, Agile Release Trains, and Suppliers in the Value Stream.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years of experience. 5 years of additional experience may be substituted for education
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Solution Trains using various tools, such as the Solution Kanbans and other information radiators.
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Solution Backlogs, Solution Kanbans, Solution Trains, Solution Demos, and Program Increments (PIs).
- Facilitate Solution Planning and PI Planning readiness via fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and via Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings.
- Facilitate the Solution Planning and PI Planning event.
- Aggregate into Solution PI Objectives, Program PI Objectives, and Team PI Objectives (and publish them for visibility and transparency).
- Aggregate program PI objectives into Solution PI Objectives (the STE) and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Assist with execution and Capability and Capability-Enablers completion tracking (see Metrics).
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the Solution Train and Agile Release Train synchronization at the value stream sync for Large Solution Level and Program Level.
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating Capability and Capability-Enablers estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary.
- Coach leaders, other Solution Train Engineers, Release Train Engineers, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
- Help manage risks and dependencies.
- Escalate and track impediments.
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Encourage collaboration between Solution and System Architects/Engineering and Agile Teams.
- Work with Solution and Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Improve the flow of value through Value Streams, Solution Trains, Agile Release Trains, and Iterations using the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps.
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle.
- Report status to Portfolio Management and support related activities.
- Understand and operate within budget.
- Facilitate Solution Demos and System Demos.
- Facilitate constant improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the Solution Train, Agile Release Train, and Agile Teams help improve lean and agile thinking.
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-in Quality practices.
- SAFe Certified
- VA or other Federal contracting experience
- Healthcare IT experience