Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Junior Project Manager
- Job Title
- Junior Project Manager
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The Junior Project Manager responsibilities include assisting the Project Manager with delivering projects on time within budget and scope. The Junior Project Manager is responsible for assisting with management, budgeting and analysis, as well as software development or operations and maintenance of IT systems. The Junior Project Manager will ensure policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by the team. Additionally, the Junior Project Manager will focus on the project plans from initiation through closeout to ensure successful execution of the project in its entirety. All duties would be performed under the supervision of a Project Manager.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 1 year, or 3 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Collect performance feedback from peers, project leadership and provides constructive feedback
- Meet regularly with full-time staff to discuss career development opportunities
- Work with project and technology leadership to remediate project/staff issues and conflicts; escalate to direct supervisor as necessary
- Assist in creating resource plans, taking into account roadmaps, capacity needs, current staffing levels, current and future skills need, and core competencies to adequately and cost-effectively staff programs, projects, and resources while minimizing key person dependencies
- Work closely with Human Resources (HR), Recruiting, third party vendors, and scope of work (SOW) providers to acquire resources in line with the resource plan, position rates, and duration
- Collect and conduct performance reviews aligned with the corporate policies and timelines; Participate in calibration/stack ranking exercises.
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers, QA, and Network Operations to ensure a successful, well communicated, high quality release
- Assist in developing, mentoring, and coaching an engineering team to build a strong development team, increase team effectiveness, and promote individual team member’s growth
- Assist in creating software development schedules for features and releases
- Help define, improve, and promote software engineering processes and best practices
- Monitor technology trends for new opportunities and improvements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects related to technical industry
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum organization
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Exceptional decision-making ability
- High standards and results-orientation with a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience mentoring and training staff including software developers
- Experience working with remote team members
- Ability to build, maintain, and inspire a team
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with system integration technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), web services, software design principles, tools and applications
- Experience with large scale web applications, system architectures, and data architectures
- Excellent communication skills – written/verbal/presentation
- Experience in Federal contracting
- Experience in Health IT
- PMP Certification
- Scrum Master experience or training
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.