Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
VA Cleared VistA Test Engineer
- Job Title
- VA Cleared VistA Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The VistA Test Engineer will be a valued member of our software development team. The VistA Test Engineer will collaborate with the developers but be able to independently create and execute a vision for an effective testing approach based on high level direction/guidance. The testing approach shall be developed early in the project as the architecture is being developed and the test plans shall verify requirements, especially corner cases.
The VistA Test Engineer will support a single project that supports two applications in parallel – one VistA application and one Delphi GUI with VistA running behind the scenes. The VistA Test Engineer will be able to work with the developers and the customer to provide a consistent, repeatable testing approach.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Test Engineers and Test Planners/Managers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Oversee all test events and manage multiple test events defining and staffing these test events with appropriate resources
- Configure necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing
- Manage the defect database
- Experience with VA VistA
- VA or other Federal Government experience
- Proven experience as a QA, tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr, LoadRunner), Jira, Rational and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with GitHub, Jira and Xray
- Experience with VA FileMan
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time