Skip to main content
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Risk
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
The Manager of Risk leads a team of analysts while overseeing a variety of complex and specialized functions in support of position management. Responsibilities include planning, monitoring, reconciliation, adherence to position management policies and procedures, document tracking processing, database management and other related functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees team of Risk Analysts and is jointly responsible for the following:
• Complete knowledge and understanding of contracted accounts and appropriate risk exposure
structure prior to enrollment with forecasting vendor.
• Establish reporting for accounts have been enrolled versus pending accounts.
• Responsible for ensuring all accounts are enrolled and accounted for in the forecast. This includes
troubleshooting any process failure and process tracking and validation.
• Advanced analytical/quantitative skills to conduct forecast variance analysis including but not
limited to MAPE.
• Spot irregular movements/patterns at the hourly and monthly level.
• Establish and monitor process for clearing and correcting meters that are “unassigned” within the load
• Quantify and report changes.
• Ensures all wholesale trades are accounted for. This includes the management of trades set to
temporary until the load forecast process is complete.
• Confirmation, verification and filing of all trade confirmations from Shell. This includes ensuring that
Shell trade numbers are associated with MP2’s trade number. Clear communication and documentation between MP2 and
Shell when confirm is found to be inaccurate.
• Full review of position management at the hourly level if necessary.
• Ensure that changes in the position are fully explained and representative of changes in load as a
result of new enrollments, drops o weather and supply.
• Timely communication to Trading and Risk peers.
• Establish monthly reconciliation between Risk’s Contract Spec and forecasting vendor.
• Reporting which includes: Value-At-Risk and EOD Report to SENA
• Ad-Hoc analysis
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
• Coaching and Team Member Development
• Critical/Analytical Thinking
• Customer Service Oriented
• Highly Motivated
• Positive Attitude
• Quick Learner
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
• Ability to have face to face conversations with team members, co-workers and higher-level managers.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
• Comply with company policies and procedure
• 2-5 years of leading a team.
• Intermediate analytical/quantitative skills to conduct load/demand forecast variance analysis
• 3 – 8 years of data mining, data extraction and data analysis
• 3 – 8 years of Retail Energy Risk experience in ERCOT, PJM, NYISO and ISO-NE
• Solid computer and programming skills in VBA, SQL Server, Python
• Familiarity with dashboarding applications (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
• Comfort applying statistical methods (significance testing, data distribution types, hypothesis testing, regression, etc.)
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities
• Strong team player with commitment to excellence
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
• Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
• Vacation & Company Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.