Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
Provides reporting and analysis on his or her area of responsibility, as well as financial support and analysis on a broad spectrum of operational and financial areas. This includes matters dealing with financial reporting and analysis, operational efficiencies, process improvements and security, and internal control related issues.
The base pay for this role is targeted at $39,060-$55,800.
- Preparation of financial and operational reports as required, including evaluation and proactive communication of business results
- Preparation of month end journal entries to ensure accurate account balances
- Preparation of various account reconciliations
- Assisting with month-end close and internal control processes
- Researching and recommending options and solutions for organizational improvements
- Assist with the preparation of audit requirements
- Participation in accounting and department projects as requested
- Exercise care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Pursuing or has earned a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Eagerness to learn and improve processes and procedures
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent time-management skills
- Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate analysis effectively with all levels within the organization
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; particular, aptitude with Excel and spreadsheet modeling
- Experience with extracting and analyzing data from business intelligence tools preferred
- Some flexibility in work schedule to meet occasional tight deadlines
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
At School Specialty safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
Option 1: Create a New Profile