Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- MUMPS Developer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The MUMPS developer builds software using the MUMPS language and technologies with HL7 experience. The MUMPS developers create routines from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. The MUMPS developer writes functional code with an eye for spotting defects. The MUMPS developer should be a team player and excellent communicator. MUMPS Developers analyze customer needs and develop overall concept and design objectives. The MUMPS developer must be able to create software in a variety of programming languages and for a variety of IT software applications. The MUMPS developer must be able to analyze existing customer software to identify the fault in the software from reported issues at a functional level. The MUMPS developer’s goal is to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using Mumps programming language
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Research, develop HL7 messages and manage approval process
- VA or other Federal Government experience required.
- Proven work experience as a Mumps developer
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Familiarity with design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Familiarity with tools such as GitHub and Jira
- Familiarity and demonstrated abilities developing HL7 messaging
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Familiarity with VistA
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time