Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Associate Java Engineer (API)
- Job Title
- Associate Java Engineer (API)
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL
- Other Location
Summary: Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, is seeking a Software Engineer (Java) to work on a talented team sustaining cloud-based APIs that positively impact the lives of millions of Americans. We need a creative Junior Java Engineer with the ability and desire to understand multiple technologies and architectures, troubleshoot issues in complex systems, and design and implement new capabilities in existing systems. The Junior Java Engineer should have strong communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. As a Junior Java Engineer, you will be sustaining essential capabilities in an operational environment as well as implementing new cloud-based API capabilities.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical discipline, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
Required Years of Experience: 1-3 years. A new grad with significant internship experience and demonstrable capabilities may also be considered for this position.
- Understand the architecture and design of multiple existing API capabilities developed in Java
- Collaborate with the team to monitor and maintain the availability and performance of existing API capabilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects within existing API capabilities
- Collaborate with teammates to understand and troubleshoot issues within the larger system
- Perform periodic sustainment activities such as license, certificate, and credential updates.
- Develop enhancements to existing API capabilities as defined and approved by leadership
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings and other Agile ceremonies
- Write clean, scalable code based on requirements and consistent with design
- Unit Test enhancement and defect corrections
- Collaborate with teammates to perform system regression testing
- Deploy new baselines to production environments following existing Maintenance Release Processes
- Make recommendations for enhancements to improve existing software and/or to enhance the monitoring capability
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support when appropriate
- Proven capabilities and experience as a developer
- Experience with web-based applications
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with architecture styles for web-based APIs (e.g. SOAP, REST, RPC)
- Familiarity with common web-based data formats (XML, JSON)
- Familiarity with modern source control systems such as git/svn/mercurial
- Familiarity with automated testing using frameworks such as JUnit
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standards, attention to detail, and a strong sense of responsibility for the sustainment of the operational systems
- Familiarity with the following additional languages and technologies: Mule, Java Beans, JSP, JMS, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, CSS, DHTML, HTML
- Familiarity with Cloud, virtualization, and containerization
- Familiarity with web security using public/private keys, certificates, and encryption
- VA or other Federal Government experience