Option 2: Create a New Profile
Retail Structuring - Data Analyst
- Job Title
- Retail Structuring - Data Analyst
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
MP2 ENERGY is seeking a qualified professional with proven experience and results to join our Retail Operations (PRICING/STRUCTURING) Team as an Analyst. The Data Analyst position within Retail Operations is responsible for monitoring and executing day-to-day workflow activities as well as managing medium to complex exception handling activities while meeting service level agreements with internal and external customers. The Analyst is responsible for becoming a subject matter expert in the assigned business function areas. The Analyst will directly collaborate with team members, project groups, Information Technology and cross functional teams to support changing business needs.
· Manage the pre-sales activities for supporting internal deal flow specific to customer load data quality maintenance, load analysis, risk analytics and pricing specifications in the deregulated electricity markets within PJM, NEISO, and NYISO.
· Monitor and execute day-to-day workflow activities and control reports, managing medium to complex exception handling activities. This includes system exception queues, activities, service requests or emails from MP2 Sales, Brokers, utility supplier support contacts and coordination with other internal functional teams.
· Evaluate load issues by type and severity based on established guidelines and categorize to determine which issues are to be resolved by the analyst, and which issues require escalation with pricing and sales organization.
· Coordinate to set up and process account and usage data using existing validation and estimation tools based on processing guidelines and quality standards. Ensures that all customer data is complete and an accurate representation of expected customer load (before, during, and after the retail pricing process).
· Work collaboratively with project groups, Information Technology and cross functional teams as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
· Exercise independent judgment to investigate workflow discrepancies and take necessary actions to resolve, including working with other internal functional teams as needed. Compare and evaluate alternative courses of action and select and execute appropriate course of action to fully resolve issues.
· Work with pricing, sales team members and manager to develop and implement team level plans addressing communication, leadership, technical skills training, and increasing industry knowledge.
· Identify and create business requirements based on changing business needs, such as assisting in special projects related to developing system or process changes. Help develop test scripts for business processes, system enhancements and bug fixes as required.
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
· Intermediate knowledge of the energy industry, retail products and related component structures
· Understanding of energy market fundamentals, including load properties (e.g., usage, demand, load factor, voltage, losses and read cycles) and deregulated market design.
· Experience handling and managing issues with large data files.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
· Experience in extraction, transformation and management of large quantities of data (such as usage data and key attribute tables across multiple systems) using SQL and analysis within visualization environments such as Power-BI.
· Comprehensive understanding of business rules and operations
· Strong interpersonal, analytical and time management skills
· Ability to multi-task, problem solve and articulate thoughts and concepts well
· Ability to think strategically as well as understand the practical, day-to-day implementation requirements for successful completion
· Conflict management and resolution
· Highly Motivated
· Positive Attitude
Essential Skills and Experience Requirements:
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager
Comply with company policies and procedures
· Prefer BA/BS degree from accredited 4-year college or university with a major in Finance, Economics, Math or Accounting or other quantitative field; will consider equivalent industry experience
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills in addition to knowledge and experience with Salesforce
· Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail
· Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
· Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge
· Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills
· Competitive Compensation
· Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
· 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
· Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
· Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
· Vacation & Company Holidays
· Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.