Skip to main content
Option 2: Create a New Profile
VP of Finance
- Job Title
- VP of Finance
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
The VP of Finance must possess strong communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills. Candidates usually have at least 15 years of experience, including previous management responsibility. They also should have a comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Those with public accounting experience have an advantage, but this not a requirement. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting is required and a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or certification as certified public accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervising accounting and finance departments (up to 15)
• Collecting and consolidating financial data
• Planning, organizing, and coordinating month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes.
• Creating strategic plans for financial operations
• Preparing financial statements by lines of business including cash flow statements and ad hoc management reports.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable rules, laws, and regulations
• Coordinating external auditor activity
• Providing company leaders with insights for decision-making purposes
• Managing budgeting and forecasting processes
• Coordinate procurement activities
• Establish and maintain financial controls
• Assess and improve accounting procedures
• Evaluate and select accounting software solutions
• Identify, develop, and monitor KPIs
• Ensuring successful filing of Company’s tax filings.
• Screen, hire, train, and retain accounting department employees
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Business acumen – Understands the business and what drivers will enable success. Able to develop a process that measures these drivers and develop solutions for improvement. Develop the right reporting other than financial statements that illustrates the company’s success or shortcomings.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
• Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
• Comply with company policies and procedure
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s degree or CPA required.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills
• Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to
• Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and
effective working relationships
• Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge
• Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
• Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
• Vacation & Company Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.