Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Jr. UX/UI Designer
- Job Title
- Jr. UX/UI Designer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
JR. UX/UI Designer
Summary: You are a UX/UI designer with experience in creating expertly crafted user-centered products. You will work on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded web-based applications and services. You'll work with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into useful design. Your work will impact millions.
In addition to your client-facing work, you will join an established and growing HCD practice within the company. The HCD practice offers talented professional empowerment, challenge, and growth. Ours is an open and dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to practice your craft and take leadership roles on a variety of consulting engagements.
You will assist with the development and rollout of the company’s HCD practices and partner with other Change Management and User Experience professionals for internal consulting (5-10% of your time).
Required Education: Bachelor’s in Design, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or relevant field / training equivalent
Required Years of Experience: Minimum 6 months’ previous experience in UX/UI (e.g., an internship, or freelance project)
Responsibilities: Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and business analysts, conduct user research usability testing,
- Conducting design sprints and user acceptance testing (either remotely or in-person); engage with users and members to test products. The goal of testing is to iterate on a products design until it successfully addresses the problem its being created to solve as well as delighting its users. The result of testing should be a refined prototype that the technology team can build.
- Handle projects in an Agile, fast-paced environment and collaborate with multi-functional teams with subject matter experts
- Visualize design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, navigation, tabs, and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Create original designs (e.g., images, sketches, and mock-ups)
- Prepare and present drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g., responsiveness, usability, pattern recognition)
- Conduct layout adjustments/red lining based on user feedback
- Adhere/create style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g., InVision, Miro)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software (e.g., Figma)
- Time-management skills
- Ability to identify project needs and act on them
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards according to Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act and the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
- Familiarity with CRM platforms like Salesforce and Lightning Design System
- Clinical and/or Health Information Technology experience
- Experience working with U.S. Federal agencies - Veterans Affairs
- HTML, CSS, and responsive design