Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Part-time Configuration Manager
- Job Title
- Part-time Configuration Manager
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The Configuration Manager possess familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the CM field. The Configuration Manager ensures that all proposed and actual changes to program technology and documentation are properly staffed, approved, and tracked. The Configuration Manager facilitates the change notification process used for updating product. The Configuration Manager also ensures notification of performing organizations or project teams of change activity..
Remote work allowed
This is a part-time position, approximately 10 hours per week.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in a technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 2 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Work in a team environment to establish and execute a configuration management program for multiple systems/programs in various stages of design, development or operations.
- Control configuration of baselines through Configuration Control Boards. Monitor the incorporation of configuration change items. Contribute to the documentation and life cycle management of changes.
- Maintain configuration control databases and provides status accounting of engineering changes to IPTs and program management.
- Perform CM library validation and builds of software and hardware products for release to the various environments
- Conduct audits of CM activities throughout a project’s life cycle to verify compliance with established CM procedures and standards and to verify that CIs and system performance and functionality are compliant with specifications
- Software Version Control through requirements, development, and configuration management handoff meetings.
- Produce reports on software releases related to delivered changes, results from functional testing, and various change management metrics.
- Plan and/or facilitate internal/external configuration audits.
- Manage/track multiple configuration baselines of a system within multiple environments.
- Implement, document and maintain CM scripts
- Train personnel on Configuration Management Procedures
- Deploy new software baselines to test and production environments.
- Maintain reports on software baselines in each environment.
- Act as a liaison between the development and operations teams to communicate changes and expected issues in production environment.
- Complies and builds code baselines.
- Work with management staff to produce CM strategies and plans for upcoming enhancements and / or roll-outs
- Develop CM team process and quality improvements
- Minimum 2 years experience with Configuration Management Tools (Rational Tool Suite).
- Hands-on experience assisting developers with development issues related to CM tool use (check in/out, branching, and Tagging).
- Knowledge of configuration management practices.
- Experience creating and analyzing configuration accountability records.
- Experience verifying configuration documentation compliance with applicable requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Microsoft SharePoint experience
- SEI/ISO/CMMI experience
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Process
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification