Regional Sales Manager for Curriculum--Western Region. Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty, LLC is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
As the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) you are responsible for directing a team of Strategic Account sellers focusing on achieving balanced growth across all strategic product categories within School Specialty’s 21st Century Safe School value proposition. RSM is expected to perform as a positive influencer, leading in a change management environment. Communication and collaboration skills with selling teams are critical. Oversee the development, direction, coordination, and execution of the regional strategic plans while ensuring alignment to the corporate strategy. Functions as business leader for assigned region and leverages SalesForce.com as the command center for go-to–market strategy.
Ideal candidate will live in the territory. (CA, OR, WA, TX, CO). Overnight travel 60% or more of the time. When not traveling, this position is based out of the candidate’s home office. This is a salaried plus commission position. Base salary $100-128k (salary maybe higher based on geographical location) plus incentive plan annualized at target between $38-$48K.
- Leads the assigned sales team within a geographic area through coaching, development, and management of direct reports
- Maximize sales revenue by implementation of strategic plans to increase profitability and gain share
- Develops and manages cross departmental teams to align with and deliver on corporate objectives.
- Accurately forecast and manage to revenue streams and expenses for the assigned area
- Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible.
- Strengthens relationships with company resources to ensure efficient and consistent sales
- Collaborate and work effectively in a team selling environment to differentiate School Specialty in the market and provide value to the customer
- Makes customer satisfaction a priority by demonstrating Operational Acumen and collaborating with fulfillment and customer care processes and programs.
- Provides customer insight and competitive intelligence to marketing and product development to drive innovative solutions
- Maintains safe and healthy working conditions within your team by ensuring all employees comply with company safety policies and procedures
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing or education field or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Proficiency in the use of CRM (e.g., SalesForce.com)
- Translates high level sales goals into regional strategies and tactics.
- Ability to motivate and mentor direct reports to meet sales objectives.
- Ability to develop consolidated sales budgets.
- Builds networks including social media
Corporate Core Competencies
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Physical and Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check unless otherwise prohibited by law, as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.