Skip to main content
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Middle Office Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Middle Office Business Analyst
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in energy, technology, and a passion to deliver products for a growing company, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to work with our development team delivering new, scalable solutions. This role will be helping build the future of MP2 Energy’s middle-office solutions. Middle-office covers applications related to pricing and structuring of deals, load forecasting, and risk management. The Business Analyst will be responsible for working across the organization to analyze and develop requirements for the technology team and/or third-party technology vendors. The position will also provide as needed testing support and will help ensure the quality of solutions before production deployments. The BA is also responsible for understanding upstream and downstream business processes to ensure the implemented solution is efficiently integrated.
Above anything, this person should be self-driven and strive for efficiency, quality, and excellence. The ideal candidate will have superior soft-skills and a passion for understanding the needs of the business users they support. This role reports up through IT/Technology and supports multiple business lines and functional areas throughout the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead requirements gathering discussions with business users.
• Create business-related analysis and design deliverables including requirements documentation / business stories,
acceptance criteria, process workflows and training plans/materials.
• Work with IT/3rd party vendors to ensure proper interpretation of the requirements / business stories and contribute to
the project solution.
• Create test cases with the business and technology team.
• Assist the Product Owner(s) in gating of completed development prior to deployment to the business for final sign-off.
• Assist in triaging and prioritizing issues related to project deployments.
• Communicate proactively on status, process standards, changes, gaps and workarounds clearly and succinctly to all
stakeholders, including third party vendor(s) as applicable.
• Participate in creation of the business case to request funding for projects.
• Support process improvement activities associated with process inefficiencies and/or new functions currently
not performed in day-to-day operations.
• Establish SLAs on systems, monitor performance and address shortfalls through new projects or process improvements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Highly proficient User Story and Acceptance Criteria writing skills.
• Experience writing test cases and communicating test results.
• Experience with Scrum and Agile Software Development environment.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device.
• Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• 4+ years in full-time business analyst capacity.
• Bachelors degree or higher in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or other related field-demonstrated
experience with software development companies.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills.
• Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to
• Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive
and effective working relationships.
• Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge.
• Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills.
• Experience in analyzing and mapping data sources to internal systems.
• Experience with customer-facing portals.
• Retail Energy experience.
• Conversant in project management methodologies.
• Preferred experience using BI tools.
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
• Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
• Vacation & Company Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.