School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into uncharted territories together. Are you ready to make a difference?
We are searching for a Learning Environment Project Supervisor in the Mansfield, OH area. The target salary for this role is $55-70K per year.
The Learning Environment Project Supervisor requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously. This position is responsible for an assigned territory and acts as the supervisor for an assigned project team. They will work with our operations team, the sales organization, vendors, carriers, and installation partners and are responsible to coordinate and deliver all assigned projects on-time, complete, and accurate with minimal margin erosion.
Access to education is one of North America’s first great innovations. Education has the power to elevate our entire society. It levels the playing field, providing opportunities for children from all economic and cultural backgrounds to uncover hidden talents and unlock their full potential.
Our role as the premier provider of complete learning environments is to innovate, to create amazing products and services born from bold ideas and new perspectives. We exist to equip educators with totally integrated, engaging learning environments — places where students can develop mentally, physically, emotionally, socially, and cognitively; we call this the 21st Century Safe School.
- Overall responsibility for the successful execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects within their region.
- Manage project team, set deadlines, communicate with company leadership about the state of the projects within assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure projects stay on track, on budget, and adjust if necessary, to meet new or changing requirements.
- Delegate and balance workload distribution within region.
- Proactively identify and mitigate potential risk and liabilities on projects.
- Make strategic decisions when presented multiple options on how to progress towards project milestone completions.
- Motivate and mentor members of the team.
- Responsible for closely guarding project margins and balancing company profitability with customer focus.
- Remain current on all Furniture and Equipment vendor offerings and regional trends while helping their team develop customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Four years of related experience with project management certification.
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure.
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum)
- High level proficiency in PC based programs, including spreadsheet and database programs.
- Ability to manage time demands, solve problems, and delegate effectively
- Proven leadership, cost, and risk management skills.
- Ability to read and understand architectural blueprints.
Core Leadership Competencies
· Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
· Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
· Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
· Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
· Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
· Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
· Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
· Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
· Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Physical and Mental Demands
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Mental demands include problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
Safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
Occasional travel required
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You’ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We’re shooting for nothing short of greatness. These aren’t just words, this is how we work. Are you up for it?
All candidates must apply online at www.schoolspecialty.com/careers
· The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
· School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check unless otherwise prohibited by law, as a condition of employment.
· EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
· If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.