BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Java Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Ft. Meade, MD
- Other Location
Title: Java Engineer
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: This developer will provide application development and maintenance services to include new design and development and maintaining and enhancing existing applications.
- Development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems.
- Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
- Work on equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field;
- 3-5 years relevant experience with Masters in related field;
- 0-2 years experience with PhD.
- Java development for Android
- JNI (Java Native Interface) experience
- Low-level operating systems experience for Android (could be Linux background)
- Reverse Engineering and Network Development
- Experience with or knowledge of the operational methodologies employed by the USCYBERCOM Cyber Mission Force (CMF) capability development team and/or national agency computer network operations development teams in support of O.
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills