Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Database Developer - Azure SQL
- Job Title
- Database Developer - Azure SQL
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, is hiring a Database Developer/Database Administrator to provide configuration, design, build out and support of cloud native data management platforms. The Database Developer/Database Administrator is responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively. The Database Developer/Database Administrator will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency and collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude. Ultimately, the Database Developer/Database Administrator ensures database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- VA or other Federal Government experience required.
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- Experience with technologies such as Delta Lake, Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL and other industry standard data management tools.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Experience working in an Agile based (scrum / sprint) environment