Front End Web Developer
Front End Web Developer
Greenville OR Remote,
When classrooms transform into places where it’s safe to explore and discover, students flourish. We’ve dedicated ourselves to advancing that one simple idea into reality in every school we touch. The 21st Century Safe School.
Do you have a passion for building amazing online experiences? Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children? The Front-End Web Developer is a key position on our Digital Marketing team, integrating and collaborating closely with marketing, program management, IT, merchandising, sales, analytics, customer care and operations.
The successful candidate will champion the creation of elegant, user-friendly, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple websites. This includes the creation of new website functionality, page layouts, promotions and content in collaboration with a team of Web Designers, UX Designers, Digital Marketers and Search/SEO Analysts.
You should have command of web programming, layout aesthetics, and responsive design. A general knowledge of UX best practices, accessibility standards, SEO, web performance optimization, back-end web development, CMS systems, along with basic graphic design capabilities are extremely helpful.
The base salary for this position is targeted at $44,000-$81,000.
- Collaborate with the Digital, Marketing, Merchandising, and Creative/Design teams to build high quality user-facing features, web content and layouts
- Drive innovative uses of our web platforms and technologies to achieve company goals
- Support the UI/UX team key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide recommendations for improved performance. Maintain a performance-based approach using analytics tools, keeping a pulse on the various audiences and their web usage patterns and understand how to measure success
- Monitor website performance, watch for signs of site usability problems and collaborate with the UI/UX Web Design Manager on possible solutions
- Support the Quality Assurance and Back-End Development teams with testing, code reviews and troubleshooting
- Assist with other projects as necessary or as directed.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Associate Degree in Web Development preferred, or similar degree in a related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a front-end developer, web developer or web designer
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- Understanding of SEO principles and Structured Data Markup a plus
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Team-player. Customer-centric attitude/disposition
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
At School Specialty, safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Option 1: Create a New Profile