When classrooms transform into places where it’s safe to explore and discover, students flourish. We’ve dedicated ourselves to advancing that one simple idea into reality in every school we touch. The 21st Century Safe School.
This position is responsible for working cross functionally between, Customer Care, Sales, Credit & Collections, etc. This individual will assist in building a strong customer experience through a variety of customer interactions such as: Customer Care issue resolution, Sales, Credits and Collections & Quotes and Bids
Summary of essential job functions
- First line of contact for customer or sales reps inquiries via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail regarding orders, returns, shipments and education products and services.
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty franchises to assure customers’ expectations are exceeded.
- Identifies and resolves underlying root causes through research and analysis.
- Develops customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise.
- Monitors customer orders, initiates tracers with carriers, and authorizes returns and/or credits including necessary transportation.
- Responds to customers inquires and follows through to completion accurately and within customer timeframes.
- Receives and processes phone and electronic orders.
- Diffuses difficult customer situations in a professional manner.
- Partners with sales team and solicits sale of new or additional educational products or services where applicable.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Supports Customers and Account Managers in processing Bids aligned with the customer requirements and the company’s pricing strategies and goals.
- Creates simple quotes in designated quoting systems
- Supports Customers and Account Managers in processing quotes aligned with the customer requirements and the company’s pricing strategies and goals
- Assists in dispute processing
- Effectively use SalesForce.com to manage time and resources to provide updated information, competitive intelligence, and market trends with our customers
- Minimum 2+ years customer service related work experience.
- Minimum one year data entry and keyboarding experience.
We are working relentless to shape the future by changing education for the better. We are dedicated to supporting educators and improving learning outcomes. Are you ready to make a difference?
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Strong computer technical skills – MS Excel
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Prior experience with Inside Phone Sales or Customer Service
- Team-player. Customer-centric attitude/disposition
Physical and Mental Demands
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
All candidates must apply online at www.schoolspecialty.com/careers
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.