Business Analyst II
Business Analyst II
WI or IL or Remote,
When classrooms transform into places where it’s safe to explore and discover, students flourish. We’ve dedicated ourselves to advancing that one simple idea into reality in every school we touch. The 21st Century Safe School.
The Business Analyst II is responsible for working as part of an agile team of business owners, product owners, IT resources, and application experts. The BA II is responsible for leading the development of functional story requirements, building application documentation, and providing application support. As part of an Agile team, the BA II is responsible for mentoring junior resources on School Specialty methodologies and ensuring adherence to standards. The BA II is responsible for working with the delivery manager to support, progress, and mature the School Specialty agile methodologies. The Business Analyst II position is part of a larger application delivery team reporting to the Application Delivery Manager.
The base salary for this position is $59,000-$109,000.
Summary of essential job functions
- Work as part of an agile team, building trust with the business to achieve organizational, business owner, and process owner goals.
- Mentor junior staff on agile methodologies, delivery techniques, and process improvement opportunities.
- When needed play multiple roles on a project such as Scrum Master or QA.
- Lead the communication process to gather requirements from product and business owners as well as conveying requirements to team members.
- Play a critical role in the story grooming process, helping to align the team to a minimum viable product.
- Work closely with team members during the development process to continually test changes to ensure necessary requirements are being met.
- Document technical and business processes for support team members. Always being mindful of opportunities to improve processes.
- Work closely with the enterprise architect to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Become a thought leader in current business processes and software to be a valued team member and provide insight on possible improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree / equivalent work experience
- 5 years of progressive analyst and support experience in a varied background of enterprise systems such as ERP, Phone System, WMS, e-commerce, or custom software.
- 2 years’ experience working in scrum teams, leading story creation and working in an Agile environment.
We are working relentless to shape the future by changing education for the better. We are dedicated to supporting educators and improving learning outcomes. Are you ready to make a difference?
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills.
- Instills trust and prioritizes other’s needs above yourself, adapting to diverse groups and situations.
- Ability to adapt to fluid situations, quick self-learner, and the ability to manage through complexity.
- Collaborate with others in both team settings, across the organizations, and to senior leadership.
- Hold yourself accountable, setting a high standard for yourself and others around you.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mentoring and/or managing others.
- Proficiency in planning, effective requirements gathering, and documenting and understanding business processes and procedures.
- Proven competence in planning, decision quality, and executing organizational change.
- Optimizes work processes through growth in understanding of business requirements, processes, and software.
- Proven background in problem resolution processes and support techniques for enterprise level software.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Jira experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Background of automated testing tools and techniques.
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
All candidates must apply online at www.schoolspecialty.com/careers
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Option 1: Create a New Profile