ADVOCATE-SALES & SERVICE
ADVOCATE-SALES & SERVICE
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. If you share our passion, we need to talk.
We are currently seeking several individuals for an Advocate - Sales & Service role. This position reports to the Inside Sales Manager and is responsible for working cross-functionally between, Customer Care, Regional Team Sell partners, Credit & Collections, etc. This individual will build a strong customer experience through a variety of customer interactions such as: Sales activities, Customer Care issue resolution, Credits and Collections & Quotes and Bids. Will consider work from home candidates or within facilities (Greenville WI and Lombard IL). Salary range is between $18-22.00 / hr.
- First line of contact for customer inquiries via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail regarding orders, returns, shipments and education products and services.
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty franchises to assure customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Partners with sales team and solicits sale of new or additional educational products or services where applicable.
- Supports Customers and Account Managers in processing Bids aligned with the customer requirements and the company’s pricing strategies and goals.
- Post-Bid Recap analysis with Sales, Merchandising and Marketing when applicable.
- Creates quotes in designated quoting systems (Will be in a hybrd Oracle/CPQ system as we transition).
- Supports Customers and Account Managers in processing quotes aligned with the customer requirements and the company’s pricing strategies and goals
- Assists in dispute processing
- Monitors credits resolution – application, upsell, refund
- Effectively utilizes an outbound sales process including, needs-based consultative selling to aid customers in achieving business goals through the use of School Specialty products.
- Effectively use SalesForce.com to manage time and resources to provide updated information, competitive intelligence, and market trends with our customers
Minimum Required Qualifications
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Strong computer technical skills – MS Excel
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Prior experience with Inside Phone Sales or Customer Service
- Team-player. Customer-centric attitude/disposition
Corporate Core Competencies
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
At School Specialty, safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
Travel would be only in rare business instances; National Sales Meeting, etc.
We believe schools should be the most amazing place on earth, designed to help students reach, dream and succeed. What do you think?
Imagine what we could do together.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Option 1: Create a New Profile