Do you have a passion for building brands and driving sales? Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children? The Category Marketing Director is responsible for the development and execution of business and marketing plans and campaigns that help meet category revenue goals and expense targets.
This position is based out of the Lancaster, PA office. The hourly wage range for this role is $20-25 per hour.
Coordinate bid opportunities to ensure deadlines are met in a timely and successful fashion. Increase sales by successfully implementing new bid strategies and ideas. Work collaboratively with other bid team members to create more efficient work processes.
- Analyze competitor pricing and trends
- Analyze opportunities through sales analysis and determine profitability expectations and strategic advantage
- Research and understand demographic and purchasing data available to win opportunity
- Provide Pre and Post Opportunity analysis with sales, merchandising and marketing
- Developing customer, vendor and product knowledge expertise to include solid working relationship and ongoing product training.
- Apply customer, vendor and product mix knowledge and how the company products meet bid and/or quote requirements.
- Partners with internal and/or sales resource(s) to professionally respond to customer Bids and Quotes that are aligned with the customer requirements and the company’s pricing strategies and goals.
- Manage bid tabulation activity and retrieve information timely for entry into designated system
- Negotiate pricing with vendors
- Negotiate pricing with installation companies
- Reply to all email/mail/fax/paper opportunity requests
- Create quotes and bids in the designated system
- Prepare all documents required for all opportunities
- Ensure adherence to terms and conditions of the contract
- Follow and adhere to standard work guidelines
- Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Exercises care within work environments to prevent injuries
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Computer proficiency is a must.
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience in a bidding or quoting environment
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Background in and/or strong understanding of SS product lines highly recommended.
- The ability to read and understand RFQ, RFP, Bid terminology
- High level proficiency in PC based program including spreadsheet and database programs.
- Oracle, Excel, CPQ and Cognos
- Understanding of how Pricing influences sales and profitability
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, accurate and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills; analytical background in root-cause analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with end-customers, sales and all levels of the pricing organization
- Positive and motivated team player
At School Specialty, safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Option 1: Create a New Profile