Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
GIS Data Scientist
- Job Title
- GIS Data Scientist
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
GIS Data Scientist for SCI/D
This position is focused on providing GIS analysis to the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Spinal Cord Injuries and Disorders (SCI/D) System of Care. The System is comprised of 25 SCI/D Centers, or Hubs, and 122 affiliated Spoke Sites. Each SCI/D Center provides the full range of SCI/D sub-specialty services (institutional care, inpatient, outpatient face-to-face, home care and virtual care) by an interdisciplinary SCI/D specialty team. The SCI/D Spoke sites are supported and educated by the SCI/D Centers in providing certain components of SCI/D sub-specialty care in a primary care environment, much closer to many Veterans living quite far from their closest SCI/D Center. The purpose of GIS analysis is to answer questions about patient usage patterns of both VHA SCI/D specialty and non-specialty care by Veterans with SCI/D, depending on their home location.
- Using ArcGIS Pro and/or other GIS tools, answer questions about location of patients and its effects on patients’ healthcare utilization, co-morbidity incidence/prevalence, mortality, and other health outcomes. Analyses will be requested to answer questions such as, “Are Veterans with SCI/D likely to have the same utilization patterns and outcomes regardless of how far they live from an SCI/D Center/Hub or Spoke Site, or do utilization pattens and outcomes differ based on distance from Hubs or Spokes?” or “For Veterans with SCI/D using non-SCI/D specialty VHA care, are they likely to go to the VHA medical facility nearest them, or will they travel as far or farther than they would to an SCI/D Center or Spoke?”
- Create professional looking map products to display analytical results to VA leaderships
- Query patient and GIS databases to gather required data
- Preform network, geostatistical, and spatial analysis
- Work with VHA SCI/D National Program Office (NPO) and Business Intelligence Service Line (BISL) GIS team to coordinate efforts
- Write documentation of analytical workflow and processes
Shall possess the following skills:
- Expert knowledge and experience with ArcGIS Pro 2.8+, Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst, and Geostatistical Analyst
- Experience of ESRI enterprise software: ArcGIS Server, Enterprise Geodatabases (EGDB), and Portal for ArcGIS.
- Expert knowledge and experience with analyzing and developing solutions to spatial problems using geoprocessing tools and processes.
- Efficient in python scripting skills.
- Experience with developing SQL queries
- Basic knowledge of web programming
- Ability to orally communicate technical information effectively to government managers and analysts, geospatial colleagues, healthcare leaders and providers, and interested individuals.
- Ability to write technical documentation
- 3-5 years of experience using ESRI software as a GIS analyst, GIS specialist, or other related position.
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, GIS, geography, or related discipline
- Must be a US citizen with the ability obtain a US government clearance
- Able to work remotely full time
Preferred Candidates will also have:
- GISP certification is preferred
- More than 5 years of experience using ESRI software as a GIS analyst, GIS specialist, or other related position.
- A Masters Degree from an accredited university in computer science, GIS, geography, or related discipline.
- Experience using ESRI software as a GIS analyst, GIS specialist, or other related position, within:
- a healthcare setting (e.g. assessing access to health care determined by cultural, social, economic, and health related barrier data, in addition to geographic—both urban and rural—location)
- a medical sciences setting (e.g., incorporating physical, biological, cultural, demographic, psychosocial, or economic data into geospatial analyses)
- a human-centric geospatial evaluation setting (e.g., US Census Bureau)
- a demand and forecasting setting (e.g., examining human consumer choice using geospatial analyses, predicting human migration patterns related to consumer demand—preferably health-related demand—over time)