NOC Engineer (Nights Thurs-Sat) (Remote)
- Job Title
- NOC Engineer (Nights Thurs-Sat) (Remote)
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 97027
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a NOC Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
This position will provide support on incidents in the environment and help with problem resolution for the network, voice, and contact center infrastructure. This position will ensure high quality service delivery through responsiveness to incidents, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and network improvement initiatives.
*Night shift hours: Thursday- Saturday and every other Wednesday 7PM-7AM EST.
- Perform monitoring and event management support for network, voice, and contact center systems and infrastructure
- Perform initial investigation and triage for alerts and events
- Troubleshoot complex/multitier issues within the network infrastructure
- Provide 90% of resolved tickets of incidents on first touch
- Perform escalation of incidents to higher tier support groups, vendors, and other support staff based on NOC process when unable to resolve the incident
- Provide technical support on incident calls
- Accurately log and document NOC incidents in Service Now ticketing system
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the monitoring and event management tools and processes
- Provide planning and vendor oversight for network change activity
- Report key performance metrics to management
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Experience with Cisco networking
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity a plus
- Experience with F5 load balancers to include the GTM and LTM platforms a plus
- Experience with Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls a plus
- Experience in configuration & operation of network management instruments such as SNMP, SYSLOG, NetFlow, etc.
- Experience with packet capture tools such as, Wireshark, and tcpdump
- Experience with Python or scripting is a plus
- Well versed in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques