Quality Control Supervisor
- Job Title
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Job ID
We are working with a growing food manufacturer outside of Tacoma that is looking for a QC Supervisor. This role will report up to the VP of Tech Services. Under limited supervision, the Supervisor coordinates, administers, and provides all day-to-day quality assurance activities. The QC Supervisor provides a comprehensive range of quality assurance support and service to management and staff, assists in developing and implementing quality assurance programs, and policies, and acts as the day-to-day collaborative conduit between the production and quality departments.
The QC Supervisor oversee quality related operations and activities as well as the workers performing those jobs. This role will plan work schedules, assign tasks, assist the lab team & sanitation team, and demonstrates proper operation of equipment. Please apply if interested!
· Manages the operation of the QC laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
· Provides coaching, education, and training of production employees for Quality Control procedures.
· Review, analyze, and report all quality control test results.
· Evaluate analytical and microbiological testing results and provides disposition of finished product to ensure customer specifications are met.
· Supervises the appropriate chemical, microbiological, sensory, and analytical tests on raw materials, WIPs, and finished products.
· Engages in the typical responsibilities of a supervisor requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
· Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures.
· Direct and support the Quality Control personnel and ensure quality control production areas are properly staffed.
· Collaborate in internal and external customer and regulatory audits for compliance.
· Assist with developing and maintaining annual British Retail Consortium audit rating.
· Ensure product specifications are being met and accurately reported.
· Monitor company policies and procedures for compliance.
· Certify and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety Modernization Act regulations and British Retail Consortium standards.
· Conduct food safety trainings and inspections.
· Conduct departmental workplace inspections.
· Conduct Behavioral Observations for food safety culture compliance.
· Document areas of quality improvement and maintain the corrective actions on file.
· Partner with the operations team on quality and food safety issues.
· Place product(s) on hold or release as needed. Keep track of the HOLD inventory.
· Assist on the mock recalls.
· Work with Quality Assurance Manager on Quality Management System reviews.
· Evaluates incoming products and finished products for quality and acceptability.
· Communicates product quality issues to shipping, production supervisors, production managers, and QA manager.
· Helps maintain safe and clean work environment of the QC areas and of the plant. Proactively provides supervisory assistance in maintaining plant sanitation at a very high level.
· Assists with procedure writing and food safety programs checklist generation.
· Assists the QA manager with Customer Complaint investigations, corrective action plans, and generation of response letters to customers.
· Active member of the HACCP team.
· Evaluates returned products and generates quality control reports related to returned products.
· Generates the end of the month QC and Sanitation Report.
· Assists QA manager and QC staff with rejection investigation and rejection trend analysis. Helps with root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
· Assists QA manager with plant food safety training sessions (ex. HACCP, GMPs, Allergens).
· Heads the plant and QC equipment calibration program and assures checks and calibrations are performed as scheduled, and faulty lab equipment is being repaired in timely manner.
· Performs monthly plant audit and ensures corrective actions have been instituted.
· Performs any additional tasks / special projects assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry, or related field is required. Five years equitable experience in Quality and Food Safety leadership will be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Five years' experiences in Food Quality is required. Candidates substituting experience for a bachelor's degree, should have ten-year equivalent Quality and Food Safety experience. Current employees with two years Quality and Food Safety experience will be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Sanitation Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices are required.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual training course certified is required upon hire.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Certification is required.
- In depth knowledge of British Retail Consortium GAP analysis and certification is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish are preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Flexibility to work variable shifts is required.