Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Product Owner
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The Product Owner (PO) is a technical professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product. The Product Owner (PO) defines stories & prioritizes the Team Backlog to streamline the performance of the program. The PO interfaces directly with end-users, technical teams and key stakeholders to gather system requirements. Product Owner responsibilities include assisting in defining business goals, developing roadmaps, and helping manage the delivery of new products and features.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline; PMP Certification
Required Years of Experience: 3 years, or 6 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Will perform research to understand capability within the VA and document scope for the development team
- Collaborate with VA customers, and internal team members to define products that meet users’ expectations and needs
- Collect performance feedback from peers, project leadership and provides constructive feedback to the team
- Work with project and technology leadership to remediate project/staff issues and conflicts; escalate to direct supervisor as necessary;
- Collect and define project and program KPIS and OKRs to report to project leadership(s);
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers, to ensure a successful, well communicated, high quality product release
- Develop, mentor, and coach an engineering team to build a strong development team, increase team effectiveness, and promote individual team member’s growth
- Create product roadmaps for features and releases
- Define, improve, and promote product and project and best practices
- Lead and collaborate with other members of software engineering group including our Software Architects in defining and maintaining product architecture
- Monitor industry trends for new opportunities and improvements
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum organization; Well versed in agile software development techniques, conference room pilots, prototyping
- Experience in Federal contracting
- Experience in Health IT
- Prior experience as a Software Product Owner
- Exceptional decision-making ability in a dynamic, aggressive environment
- High standards and results-orientation with a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience mentoring and training staff including software developers
- Experience working with remote team members
- Experience with system integration technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), web services, software design principles, tools and applications
- Experience with large scale web applications, system architectures, and data architectures
- Excellent communication skills – written/verbal/presentation
- VA and/or Healthcare IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Prior technology leadership experience (i.e., Lead Architect, Lead Consultant, Manager, Director, Program Manager)
- Needs to demonstrate exceptional decision-making ability in a dynamic and an aggressive environment
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time