- Job Title
- Maintenance Manager
- Job ID
Leadership Maintenance role with a fast-growing dairy manufacturer in Seattle metropolitan area. The Maintenance Manager will manage a diverse team and oversee maintenance on all plant machinery (compressed air system, heat reclaimer, boiler, HVAC, water softener, electrical systems etc).
Please apply if you are interested in a career with this exciting, rapidly growing company!
· Manage all activities of the equipment maintenance engineering team to support all areas of the plant
· Plan, organize, direct maintenance activities to install and maintain production machines and equipment to ensure optimum day-to-day operations
· Ensure the facility/company can pass any audit at any time (interior and exterior of property)
· Support QA in all food safety policies; Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Responsible for all aspects of maintenance and repair of the physical building including air compressors, compressed air systems, chillers, cooling towers, electrical distribution, and lighting systems.
· Develop capital project budgets for packaging and processing machinery upgrades.
· Manage all contacts, quotes, and specialists for packaging and processing equipment
· Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
· Manage, maintain, and develop PLC/computerized control systems for plant packaging and processing equipment.
· Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions; Keeps accurate records of equipment failures and repairs.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities including plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Establish and maintain processes, standards, policies and procedures for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection, and maintenance of plant packaging and processing equipment; Keeps accurate records of equipment failures and repairs
· BS degree in Engineering Management or Industrial Engineering
· 5+ years of experience in facilities or food production plant maintenance
· 5+ years experience solving complex mechanical/electrical systems problems, critical thinking, and continuous improvement in a maintenance / manufacturing environment. Preferably, in food production industry
· 5+ years experience in one or more skilled trades, including experience in heating and air-conditioning systems, mechanical and electrical systems
· High level understanding of all aspects of plant packaging and processing equipment
· Hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and HVAC experience
· Ability to read electrical schematics and chase electrical problems
· Familiarity with 480volt 3-Phase, VFD's, Starters, Overloads, and PLCs
· Proficiency with Windows applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends and varying shifts, as needed and participate in on-call availability for maintenance and emergency requests
· Acquire Boiler licenses within scheduled time frame
· Managing/creating LOTO and PM programs and software