Data Engineer (SQL Server 2012 and later, DBA experience, SSIS, ETL and automation experience) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Data Engineer (SQL Server 2012 and later, DBA experience, SSIS, ETL and automation experience) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Louisville, KY 40213
- Other Location
Title: Data Engineer (SQL Server 2012 and later, DBA experience, SSIS, ETL and automation experience) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Under minimal supervision, execute, document, and support all data transformation processes to support the designated functions, such as, conversion and Implementation functions. Continuously review the current process for improvement opportunities and own the business processes and/or function with the goal of end-to-end automation for client conversions and de-conversions. Teaches and enables others in the business the knowledge to support process improvements, revisions, and automations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of six years of experience in data engineering and software development
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Applicable technical certification(s) preferred.
· Serves as the lead on all Conversion and Deconversion related efforts.
· Drives the automation of all data engineering processes.
· Maintains and improves the quality of data for all systems.
· Guides the team on data management best practices.
· Provides DBA support including on-call rotations to cover scheduled and unscheduled activities.
· Documents all activities and may train and mentor others on how to support data engineering processes.
· Coordinates with other teams to ensure duties are completed on-time and accurately.
· Adheres to internal and client related compliance and security standards with all activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience with automation of manual and process driven systems.
- Excellent knowledge of working in a geographically distributed multi-product software ecosystem.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of SQL Server Administration on versions 2012 and later with 4 or more years in the role of a DBA.
- Expert with SSIS and ETL Toolset, with SSiS preferred.
- Experience automating tasks with tools such as Powershell.
- Ability to write, review, and refine database objects, including stored procedures, triggers, tables, indexes and other database objects.
- Excellent knowledge of data cleansing and standardization best practices.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to multi-task and resolve issues.
- Understand the need to regard confidential customer and company information with the highest regard.
- Meets Deadlines and demonstrates the ability to deliver under pressure.