Sr. DBA / Database Engineer (Linux & Elasticsearch/ELK/ES - Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana experience needed) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Sr. DBA / Database Engineer (Linux & Elasticsearch/ELK/ES - Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana experience needed) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65804
- Other Location
Title: Sr. DBA / Database Engineer (Linux & Elasticsearch/ELK/ES - Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana experience needed) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Conexess Group is currently seeking a strong candidate to join the current 6-member Technical Operations team as a Sr. Database Engineer. In this high-level role, candidates will serve as a team member that works with both external and internal data technologies that are under their direct supervision as well as providing consultation, advice, and assistance to other administrators.
This group designs, develops, and operationally supports Non-Microsoft data technologies including but not limited to, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Kafka, and Elastic technologies.
**This role will be worked remotely within the US**
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience with Linux.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of Elasticsearch/ELK/ES experience.
- Experience with MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with DevOps including Terraform.
- Experience with Open Source relational and nonrelational technologies.
- Experience with Shell or Python.
- Experience with Open SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
- Maintains several data technology environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Monitor’s server performance and makes changes as needed. May design performance monitoring systems.
- Mentors new staff and provides training or mentorship.
- Works closely with internal and external teams to design and optimize the technology environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered data servers.
- Determines standards for server configuration hosting data technologies.
- Performs reviews and provides input to design and data flow.
- Writes and reviews data processes and makes recommendations for optimization.
- May assist less experienced peers.