DB2 DBA (ZOS,JCL, REXX, SQL) (Remote)
- Job Title
- DB2 DBA (ZOS,JCL, REXX, SQL) (Remote)
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55439
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a DB2 Database Administrator in a remote capacity. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Work with engineers to determine end solutions for each project by comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc.
- Hands on experience in database architecture and physical design from several aspects: physical data model, database infrastructure requirements, product integration requirements as well as installation of new servers/databases to meet expectations and requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
- DB2 zos 7+ years
- SQL experience
- JCL experience
- Excellent knowledge of Database backup and recovery of very large databases, typically multi terabytes.
- Expert level of performance and tuning skills.
- Experience in scripting and ability to create and maintain shell scripts to automate various database related tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of database/instance tuning, optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance.
- Experience with database standard concepts, practices and procedures.