BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Faculty Development Instructor
- Job Title
- Faculty Development Instructor
- Requirement ID
- North Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-Time
Excellent facilitator for student-centered learning delivered in classroom and virtual settings. Designs and delivers classroom and virtual instructor-led training (using Adobe Connect, WebEx Training, others). Provides expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum. Possesses experience in research and identification of high-quality learning solutions within academic, industry and government organizations, which can be leveraged to address organizational learning needs. Possesses high levels of initiative, mental agility, attention to detail, and a history of delivering quality products on time. Demonstrates confidence and finesse while working with stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within related field
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an educational, corporate training or professional services environment, with an emphasis on faculty development through classroom and online instruction
· Strong understanding of adult learning principles, including working knowledge of Malcolm Knowles, Robert Gagne, and the role of engagement in learning
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation and delivery skills in a student-centered learning environment
· Demonstrated experience with writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
· Previous experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information to determine learning needs and learning solutions
· Experience and/or familiarity with instructional standards and frameworks, to include ADDIE, Section 508, usability standards and practices, and evaluation models to include Kirkpatrick.
· Occasional travel may be required.
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instruction Systems Design, Education Technology, or related area from an accredited academic institution
· Minimum five years professional experience as an instructor to include at least three years as an ISD working with development of instructor-led and blended learning programs in a formal academic or professional education and training environment
· Minimum Education/Experience: a combination of higher education and experience that comprises five years
· Desired Certifications: Blackboard Certified Trainer Program, Teaching and Learning Online Certification Series, Teaching and Learning Online Advanced Certification Series and Administrator
· Familiarity and/or working knowledge of the Intelligence Community and NGA
Every candidate must be a U.S. citizen, hold a current TS/SCI level security clearance and take and pass a CI polygraph. Final authority for approval to brief is dependent upon NGA Security
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4.Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills