Computer Operator (Help Desk, Tech Support or IBM/Mainframe experience) (11pm-7am CT shift) - Contract
- Job Title
- Computer Operator (Help Desk, Tech Support or IBM/Mainframe experience) (11pm-7am CT shift) - Contract
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77070-5933
- Other Location
Title: Computer Operator (Help Desk, Tech Support or IBM/Mainframe experience) (11pm-7am CT shift)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Conexess Group is seeking a Computer Operator to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for 24/7 monitoring of both the activity of our customers as well as internal applications. This will include monitoring the following: switches, servers, ATM transactions, reports and batch. Additionally, you will be required to provide customer service to financial institutions by notifying them regarding any issues.
- Must have experience with any of the following: Help Desk, Technical Support or IBM/Mainframe experience.
- Must be able to work 11pm-7am CST and shift will include one or both weekend days. Flexibility is needed within shift.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business needs dictate.
- Experience using SharePoint.
- Experience with IBM Mainframe.
- Experience in Card Processing or the banking industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of batch processing.
- Maintains necessary operating records, check lists, and procedures to ensure accuracy and completion of functions.
- Utilizes scripted instructions to perform routine processing functions to meet deadlines or standards.
- Provides support to customers and internal users in a courteous and professional manner.
- Monitors the console and other online systems. Responds with appropriate actions and escalation.
- Follows established guidelines to ensure security of data and computer systems.
- Completes the shift turnover log for the next shift; and reviews the shift turnover log from the previous shift.
- Contacts the Operations Unit Manager for assistance as needed.
- May manage a Windows Server environment.