School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into uncharted territories together. Are you ready to make a difference?
We are searching for a Senior Interior Designer in the Denver, CO area. This role will also provide support for the NE, KS, NM, & AZ markets. The salary range for this role is $65K-$85K.
The Interior Designer is a customer-facing role that works hand-in-hand with our Learning Environment Sales and Support teams to maximize the appeal and value of our product offering to customers. This role is critical in helping School Specialty design and deliver innovative spaces to our education market customers that help educators engage and inspire students of all ages and abilities to learn.
Access to education is one of North America’s first great innovations. Education has the power to elevate our entire society. It levels the playing field, providing opportunities for children from all economic and cultural backgrounds to uncover hidden talents and unlock their full potential.
Our role as the premier provider of complete learning environments is to innovate, to create amazing products and services born from bold ideas and new perspectives. We exist to equip educators with totally integrated, engaging learning environments — places where students can develop mentally, physically, emotionally, socially, and cognitively; we call this the 21st Century Safe School.
· Attend customer programming/intake meetings with Learning Environment Sales to determine overall project scope and target dates.
· Develop furniture layouts showing thought leadership in presenting solutions to the customer, addressing space components such as class activity zones and the furniture that supports them.
· Attend meetings with the LE Sales and Sales Support to develop a strategy that meets the needs outlined by the customer. This could include needs for specific types of spaces, products, and options that meet the customer’s budget.
· Check plans for accuracy and compliance with FBC and IBC (Including ADA requirements)
· Assist with finish selections on customer opportunities for use in presentation and customer approval
· Create detailed furniture specifications and work with Learning Environment teams to include pricing budget presentations/RFPs
· Support the team in customer presentations with the intent to secure the opportunity
· Develop installation drawings that spell out information as it pertains to the layout approved by the customer and the product ordered. Work closely with Project Managers to hand off installation information.
· Be a mentor to other designers and assist with training and workload.
· Manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Work with Marketing on branding proposals and presentations
· Continuing education and training on products, philosophies and trends relevant to 21st century learning environments
· Provides support to the Director of design in supporting the design team and all the departments within our structure.
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Working knowledge of applications such as: AutoCAD/and or Revit, CET, Project Matrix, 20/20 Technologies, Giza, among others
· Experience handling 3D rendering software: Sketch up, Key Shot, 3D, StudioMax, CET
· Role requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in the work performed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architectural degree
· Minimum of 5+ years in the design field
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
· 4+ years of Interior Design. Furniture dealer experience a plus.
· Experience with Educational furniture products and systems
· Previous furniture dealer or manufacturer experience preferred
· ALEP and/or Certified Interior Design (CID) certification(s) or Registered Interior Design License (RID) a plus
· Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities based on client needs and deadlines
· Organization skills and the ability to prioritize work across multiple projects
Core Leadership Competencies
· Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
· Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
· Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
· Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
· Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
· Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
· Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
· Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Physical and Mental Demands
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee will frequently operate a vehicle and occasionally operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
Safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
Approximately 30% travel may be required including overnight and weekends.
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You’ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We’re shooting for nothing short of greatness. These aren’t just words, this is how we work. Are you up for it?
All candidates must apply online at www.schoolspecialty.com/careers
· The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
· School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check unless otherwise prohibited by law, as a condition of employment.
· EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
· If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.