Logistics & Purchasing Manager
- Job Title
- Logistics & Purchasing Manager
- Job ID
Logistics & Purchasing Manager
We are working with an innovative plant based, dairy free food manufacturer in Bozeman, MT that is looking for a Logistics & Purchasing Manager. This role is responsible for purchasing all raw materials and packaging, developing & executing inbound & outbound freight planning. The ideal candidate will be able to build fluid relationships, negotiate contracts and have strong attention to detail. This role also offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Please apply if interested!
· Leads and manages the inbound and outbound freight function, and order processing functions to ensure this role effectively performs and contributes to the company's overall success and vision.
· Plans and executes on the purchasing of all raw materials and packaging to ensure the consistent presence of all supplies required to manufacture products.
· Prepares a strategic plan for procurement and logistics annually and drives the plan to achieve cost targets, working with our manufacturing partner and international partners.
· Prepares annual budget and forecast in conjunction with other members of the management team, monitors performance against the budget throughout the year, and makes adjustments in departmental activities as required.
· Develops policies and procedures to streamline how the function works with other departments.
· Provides leadership in managing global supply partners – contract and price negotiations, alignment of product roadmaps and capability and capacity alignment with growth plans
· Is responsible for ensuring all orders are planned and coordinated with our warehouse, freight handlers, distributors, and customers.
· Works with R & D and Manufacturing to ensure we have redundancies for all key ingredients.
· Negotiates vendor selection and agreements and monitors compliance performance.
· Effectively manages product cost variations to ensure margin sustainability
· Plans and executes projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
· Works with Finance, Sales, and Manufacturing to analyze historical data and future projects and oversees calculation of production requirements for finished products.
· Works with Manufacturing and Finance to ensure the levels of raw materials, packaging, production and customer orders to balance production and demand, while operating at levels that allow high inventory turnover.
· Processes incoming orders, arranges outgoing freight, and generates shipping paperwork.
· Communicates effectively with Finance, Sales, and Manufacturing about incoming and outgoing orders.
· Monitors weekly, monthly, and year-end inventory counts and reconciliations.
· Supports freight requests from our partners.
· Handles any daily related issues escalated from the team.
· Actively involved in any recalls or withdrawals.
· Education: Degree or relevant experience in purchasing or operations management
· Experience: Sufficient experience in procurement required.
· Strongly developed negotiation skills and experience
· Ability to establish rapport with others and build relationships that are beneficial in achieving work-related goals
· Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to gather and assess information, formulate and evaluate alternatives and propose a recommended solution
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Project Management experience involving multiple stakeholders
· Excellent computer skills, experience with procurement software is an asset.
· Proven ability to develop excellent vendor and customer relations and ability to make these relationships effective.
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Knowledge of import paperwork.
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to work individually as well as part of a team