Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Job Title
- Ruby on Rails Developer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: Liberty IT Solutions is seeking a talented Ruby on Rails Engineer to help us both create and maintain APIs consumed by first and third-party apps and services to positively impact the lives of millions of Americans. We need a creative Ruby on Rails engineer with experience developing high-quality products on schedule, strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. As a Ruby on Rails Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new cloud-based RESTful APIs, as well as essential work maintaining existing software libraries.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Participate in Agile SCRUM ceremonies including Story Point Estimation, Backlog Grooming, Sprint/Release Planning, Reviews, and Retrospectives
- Write clean, scalable code based on requirements and design
- Unit Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Proven work experience as a developer and adhering to design best practices
- Excellent knowledge of API development
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with the following languages and technologies: Ruby, RSpec, Rails, and SQL
- Excellent knowledge of architecture styles/APIs (SOAP, REST, RPC)
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Familiarity with modern source control systems, such as Git
- An ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Has high standards, is results oriented, and is committed to delivering high quality software on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker) and Cloud Service Providers (e.g., AWS)
- VA or other Federal Government experience
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus