Maintenance Technician Trainee, 1st Shift
- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician Trainee, 1st Shift
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
Maintenance Technician Trainee, 1st Shift (6 am - 2 pm)
The Maintenance Technician Trainee will troubleshoot various machines to run successfully at the validated parameters with minimal scrap and downtime to produce quality products that meet all FDA, GMP, ISO, SAP, and customer requirements. Technicians will be responsible for moving, assembling, testing, starting, operating, adjusting, and monitoring of several production lines in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and current Good Manufacturing Practices. Technicians must be able to read and interpret BOM notes to set up production equipment and to perform basic preventative machine maintenance and troubleshooting on various production lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Assists with the assembly of a variety of production machines.
- Assists with changeovers and adjustments to bring machines to optimal production conditions. Ability to work accurately and timely to meet the necessary goals for production.
- Learns and understands the process flow and step-by-step requirements for manufacturing. Understands quality requirements for all finished good items.
- Observes adjustments made such as pressures, temperatures, weights, dimensions, tension, depth, and speeds to meet the validated requirements that are established by the quality department to produce a product.
- Understands preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Is able to read gauges, dials, displays, and monitors to ensure that machinery is functioning properly.
- Assists in diagnosing equipment problems and establishes a plan to repair it.
- Notifies the Supervisor/Manager concerning the need for major repairs.
- Technical comprehension of mechanical functions and controls for filling equipment.
- Comply with current SOP’s and GMP’s.
- Maintain housekeeping in conformance with cGMP’s.
- Knows how to properly use power and hand tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with contract manufacturing environment or an equivalent type of work environment.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write clearly and legibly on required documents. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers, or employees within the organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to measure, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.