Data Center Support Engineer (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue Night shift)
- Job Title
- Data Center Support Engineer (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue Night shift)
- Job ID
- Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Chicago based client in their search for a Data Center Support Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Ensures required IT services are identified, developed and supported to the satisfaction of the business unit/division.
- Provides support and maintains service level agreements.
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to routine instructions that require professional knowledge in specialist areas.
- Provides standard professional advice and creates initial reports/analyses for review.
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands on management of Data Center components.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with data center operations
- Experience with power / electrical equipment including generators, critical and essential PDU's, UPS, switchgear, DC Power Systems, and building monitoring/control systems
- Familiarity with HP, IBM, and Dell Servers, Blades, SAN, VMWare, Mainframe, AS400 and Cisco equipment
- Understanding of basic network and storage area network concepts and standards
- Solid understanding of facilities and cabling standards
- Familiarity with DCIM systems
- Strong documentation skills to capture architecture details, procedures, and other relevant data
- Planning, organization, problem solving, communication (face to face, email & telephone), time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal team members and external vendors
- Understanding of basic Microsoft Suite applications