Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist
- Job Title
- Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist
Under general supervision and much decision-making:
- Adheres to processing guidelines and processes, ensuring timely tax deposits and filings.
- Achieves goals that support premium product and limits exposure of Insperity for inaccurate or late tax deposits and filings.
- Reviews tax updates from third party vendor and ensures proper mapping exists for automated tax solution.
- Partners with Insperity tax compliance and Payroll COE and shares updates on payroll and payroll tax related statutory issues, legislation and industry trends and shares with internal teams.
- Provides feedback on processes for quarter and year-end reporting to ensure timely and accurate filings with all federal, state and local employment and unemployment tax regulations.
- Assists as needed on tax jurisdiction research and customer/Insperity registrations to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Takes ownership of the new hire reporting process ensuring timely filings with all states.
- Assists with resolving discrepancies relating to payroll tax payments and unemployment tax payments with governmental agencies and oversees periodic audits by state local taxing authorities.
- Provides customer service support for payroll and sales personnel regarding unusual and technical payroll and related payroll tax issues.
- Acts as back-up, during peak periods, for on-boarding new customers, direct support of customers and processing payrolls.
- Takes the lead on issuance of annual W-2's and 1099’s to all customer employees and the appropriate annual filings.
- Processes and audits customer tax payments via Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), check request and processing ACH credits via Insperity’s host bank.
- Processes and reviews tax filing reports monthly as a preparation for processing quarter-end.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or equivalent in education and experience).
- Three to five years’ experience of successful tax compliance and processing in a multi-customer operation.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of payroll and payroll taxing regulations (i.e. tax depositing, filing of quarterly and annual returns, maintenance of tax tables and jurisdiction information,).
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- CPP certification is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Possesses an entrepreneurial attitude and a commitment to roll up their sleeves and create a “Premium” experience for customers.
- Principles, practices, and methods of payroll tax laws applicable to the various federal, state and local taxing authorities; methods and techniques used in researching various state and local payroll tax laws; and the regulatory requirements of various state and local payroll tax laws.
- Planning, organizing and completing assigned work in a timely manner; uses decision-making skills regarding policy decisions; and working independently from general instructions.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Identifies and engages service solutions within and outside payroll department.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects; acts as core business unit expert for key company initiatives; facilitate and coordinate testing and information gathering sessions for valuable feedback; mentors and guides direct reports to participate as needed for professional development.
- Proficient use of MicrosoftTM Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.