Consumer Insights Manager (Analytics & Insights)
- Job Title
- Consumer Insights Manager (Analytics & Insights)
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Other Location
Consumer Insights Manager
In this role you will be the head of a team of 2 professionals who provide insights that drive advertising efforts; further the profitable growth of the customer loyalty program; and guide business decision-making at large via foundational understanding of customers’ needs, behaviors, and preferences within the ever-changing macro-QSR environment.
As a successful person in this role, you will demonstrate strong primary marketing research skills (e.g. quantitative survey, experimental design, qualitative research) and be able to weave findings from multiple data forms into actionable and compellingly told insights. Moreover, you as a successful person in this role, will value collaboration and demonstrate well-honed listening, influencing, and consulting skills.
- Act as the Research Science leader on advertising and loyalty program initiatives
- Grow and develop 2 direct reports
- Develop strong working partnerships with fellow team members within the Analytics and Insights group and across the Advertising and Loyalty teams
- Identify and convey customer insights-driven business opportunities that can be acted upon
- Socialize consumer insights in a compelling way to ad agency partners and colleagues
- Manage key initiatives/marketing research projects end-to-end, including influencing and leveraging cross-functional team members
- Partner with and manage external marketing research vendors to address key business issues
- Convey a strong working knowledge of a wide array of primary marketing research methods and their applications
- Collaborate with the Director of Analytics & Insights to develop tools that yield new insights-generation capabilities to the organization
- Address ad-hoc business questions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Consumer Behavior, Business Analytics or another related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years professional related experience (and/or equivalent incremental academic experience)
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience delivering insights from ad copy testing and in-depth qualitative research.
- Experience conducting research on digital marketing efforts and digital consumer experiences.
- Experience creating partnerships with ad agency professionals.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the mechanics of customer loyalty programs.
- QSR industry work experience.