Professional Consultant - Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into uncharted territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
We are looking for a highly motivated professional that wants to be part of a winning team. We give you the opportunity to work at a company where you can contribute, grow, and make your own path to success. The rest is up to you.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
Successful implementations are the results of good planning and service delivery execution. A Professional Development Specialist will provide high quality professional development to school and school district personnel. Managing accounts and working closely with sales representatives is a critical part of the job.
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You’ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We’re shooting for nothing short of greatness. These aren’t just words, this is how we work. Are you up for it?
Summary of essential job functions
- Lead professional services and workshops for schools and districts using a combination of core and self-created templates.
- Act as a pre-sales and post sales resource to Sales by providing presentations.
- Make recommendations for additional services or implementation strategies that will contribute to customer success and year over year revenue
- Assist with the development of courseware and training materials
- Collaborate as a part of broader services team to delivery high quality training in North America.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. If you share our passion, we need to talk.
- Knowledge of classroom management strategies
- Excellent presentation skills to all levels of School and District Administration.
- Computer literacy: Power point, outlook/email, iPad, internet and social media (Twitter).
- Outstanding communication skills
Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Business Insight – Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.