Mortgage Loan Originator- Remote
- Job Title
- Mortgage Loan Originator- Remote
- Job ID
- New Orleans, LA 70127
- Other Location
- Houston, TX
Mortgage Loan Originator
New Orleans, LA; Jackson, MS; Houston, TX; Montgomery, AL or Baton Rouge, LA
At Liberty Bank we're passionate about helping more people achieve more freedom. There's real freedom here - the freedom you have as an individual to attain your goals, as a business to achieve your idea of success or even as a community that is gathering strength to reach its full potential. By investing in the development of personal goals, business objectives and communities, we're making a difference by using our resources to get things done.
We work hard. Play hard. Invest where our heart lives. And pursue freedom for all.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you'll find that there's freedom here - for our customers and for you.
If you are passionate about impacting the lives of others and understand that your success has a positive effect on the company's bottom line, and the communities we serve then please apply today to join our winning team!
As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you'll be responsible for originating portfolio loans, secondary market conventional, FHA, and VA loans which are compliant with investor requirements and all State and Federal laws and regulations. The Mortgage Loan Originator is also responsible for originating new mortgage loan business for the bank by working with realtors, builders, past clients, in bank referrals and other referral partners.
We prefer employees work in one of our office locations but we will consider remote work. Please visit our website to learn more: https://www.libertybank.net/customer_care/locations/
- Responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other Liberty Bank business channels.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gathers any additional required information.
- Takes a complete application and collects all required documentation (such as income tax return, bank account number, purchase agreement, and property description, etc.) for verification.
- Prepares the borrower(s) for the process and keeps ALL the parties involves in the process, up to date on all important developments and status of application.
- Informs applicant of closing costs such as appraisal, credit report, and notary fees.
- Coordinates the closing with the borrower(s), closing agents, Realtors and others involved in the transaction.
- Interviews loan applicants to document income, debt, and credit history.
- Determines if applicant meets establishment standards for further consideration.
- Answers applicant's questions and asks for signature on information authorization forms.
- Submits application forms to Mortgage Loan Processor for verification of application information.
- Calls applicant or other persons to resolve discrepancies, such as credit report showing late payment history
- Informs applicant of loan denial or acceptance.
- Ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies, and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Develops strong partnerships with employees to promote mortgage loan originations thought the corporate footprint.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers and referral partners.
- Exhibits consultative sales and promotional experience to provide recommendations based on financial analysis and acumen, product knowledge and knowledge of the customer's financial needs, goals, and circumstances.
- Maintains the mortgage file to ensure all paperwork and documentation is current and accurate.
- Maintains, audits, and updates loan documents in Encompass according to the Mortgage Department’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations, as they relate to documents and funding.
- Reconciles all fees and figures relating to each loan accurately and timely.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other relevant field from four-year college or university
- At least 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines, loan processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending is a plus
- Ability to manage a heavy pipeline of 25 plus loans and be familiar with FHA, VA, Federal Housing, Rural Housing and HUD guidelines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Information Technology Core system and associated applications
- Working knowledge of Calyx Point, Encompass, and other banking software
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS)
- Some travel may be required
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That's why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We also do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create.
Ready to reinvent banking? We're ready to talk about what's next.We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.