Commercial Lender III
- Job Title
- Commercial Lender III
- Job ID
- NEW ORLEANS, LA 70127-2601
- Other Location
Commercial Lender III
At Liberty Bank, we're passionate about helping more people achieve more freedom. There's real freedom here - the freedom you have as an individual to attain your goals, as a business to achieve your idea of success or even as a community that is gathering strength to reach its full potential. By investing in the development of personal goals, business objectives and communities, we're making a difference by using our resources to get things done.
We work hard. Play hard. Invest where our heart lives. And pursue freedom for all.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you'll find that there's freedom here - for our customers and for you.
If you are passionate about impacting the lives of others and understand that your success has a positive effect on the company's bottom line, and the communities we serve then please apply today to join our winning team!
As a Commercial Lender III, you'll be a seasoned lender with a minimum of 10 years’ experience and a proven track record of consistent high dollar commercial loan production and middle market experience. The Lender is responsible for aggressively soliciting and generating new commercial loan business while expanding existing commercial customer relationships. You must be an assertive, self-starter with a professional demeanor, strong sales, and business development experience to prospect for new relationships using local networks and personal connections. You’ll also be responsible for developing relationships with various community and professional organizations, which can be a source of new commercial loan activity. This role will be responsible for managing a commercial lending portfolio with moderate oversight support from management.
We prefer employees work in one of our office locations. Please visit our website to learn more: https://www.libertybank.net/customer_care/locations/
- Identifies and analyzes markets, including middle markets, to develop prospects for commercial banking.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct control.
- Processes commercial loans and analyzes and screens loan requests for all types of loans.
- Analyzes the credit history of applicants and determines their loan repayment capabilities.
- Negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
- Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent with financial institution policies and procedures, and to be competitive with current market rates.
- Evaluates potential customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management.
- Packages loans and recommends loan terms and conditions.
- Responsible for managing problem loans within a portfolio.
- Responsible for clearing documentation and financial exceptions.
- Experience managing a commercial loan portfolio of a minimum of $100 million dollars.
- Experience generating and handling new commercial loans of $1,000,000 or more.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and working with Executive Management, Board of Directors, and Regulators.
- Understanding of general and sound business practices, financial and economic concepts, and how business needs vary by industry/market.
- Must possess strong written, credit analysis and verbal communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong organizational, reasoning and communications skills.
- Thorough understanding of credit principles.
- Mastery of the technical requirements of analysis.
- Ability to exhibit good judgement in decision making.
- Must be pro-active and constructive in making credit decisions with ability to influence others with fact-based insights.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and information based on the needs of the audience.
Experience and Education Required:
- 10+ years’ experience and understanding of underwriting, structuring, covenanting, risk-rating, and pricing simple and complex commercial loan transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
- Read, analyze, and interpret business, professional, technical or government documents. Write reports, loan memorandum, business correspondence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That's why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We also do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create.
Ready to reinvent banking? We're ready to talk about what's next.We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.