Mortgage Loan Processor
- Job Title
- Mortgage Loan Processor
- Job ID
- New Orleans, LA 70127
- Other Location
Mortgage Loan Processor
New Orleans, LA; Jackson, MS; Houston, TX; Montgomery, AL or Baton Rouge, LA
At Liberty Bank, we're passionate about helping more people achieve more freedom. There's real freedom here - the freedom you have as an individual to attain your goals, as a business to achieve your idea of success or even as a community that is gathering strength to reach its full potential. By investing in the development of personal goals, business objectives and communities, we're making a difference by using our resources to get things done.
We work hard. Play hard. Invest where our heart lives. And pursue freedom for all.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you'll find that there's freedom here - for our customers and for you.
If you are passionate about impacting the lives of others and understand that your success has a positive effect on the company's bottom line, and the communities we serve then please apply today to join our winning team!
As a Mortgage Loan Processor, you'll be responsible for processing and closing a minimum of 10 loans monthly while maintaining a pipeline conducive to meeting the minimum requirement. You must maintain a quality pipeline with a 30-day average to final disposition and will be responsible for the secure and accurate accumulation of loan documentation. Additionally, you will ensure the timely and compliant closing of all types of residential mortgage loans within established deadlines.
We prefer employees work in one of our office locations. Please visit our website to learn more: https://www.libertybank.net/customer_care/locations/
- Maintains a secured environment to process loan files
- Procures verifications for credit items which include, but are not limited to: employment, asset information, rental history, credit reports, etc.
- Researches and verifies account information and resolves problems for customers as needed
- Liaisons with third party vendors (appraisal, title, insurance, etc) to obtain necessary documentation for loan approval
- Reviews documentation and provides conditions for loan approvals needed to comply with underwriting guidelines: borrower documentation, credit, and collateral documentation
- Analyzes and interprets financial data to fit established parameters set by industry
- Understands and uses computer programs and systems for the tracking and processing of loans in the loan operating system (LOS).
- Provides support duties for management and Mortgage Consultants as needed
- Ensures that all necessary disclosures (state, federal and company specific) are provided to client as required
- Communicates any concerns on possible misrepresentation or fraudulent documentation/activity to Management, if necessary.
- Communicates any and all issues affecting loan process and approval with applicable Mortgage Consultant.
- Works with underwriting and closing departments to ensure that quality of loan submissions is consistent with maintaining the efficiencies of the loan file flow
- Communicates concerns or suggestions on improving overall systems to Management when appropriate.
- Assists with problem-solving when issues arise that involve the successful closing of requested residential loan
- Maintains necessary pipeline management to ensure timely closings of all loans.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participates in a positive teamwork environment through example and sharing of knowledge and skill.
- Complies with all compliance policies, practices and procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; or 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success in working with FHA, VA, and Conventional Loans is required.
- Understanding in how to read multiple types of underwriting guidelines and be able to do Full Document Processing.
- Industry experience within the past 12 months and current understanding of compliance and regulatory issues.
- Familiar with DU, LP, FHA connection preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Encompass, CALYX, and other mortgage software.
- Some travel may be required.
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That's why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We also do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create.
Ready to reinvent banking? We're ready to talk about what's next.We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.