- Job Title
- Accounting Manager
- Job ID
- SEWICKLEY, PA 15143-9515
- Other Location
Our client is an award-winning managed services provider providing comprehensive IT management to small and medium sized businesses across the Northeast and Canada. They were voted one of Pittsburgh's Fastest Growing Companies in 2017 and 2018 by the Pittsburgh business Times and ranked one of the top 100 Managed Services Providers in the world by Channel Partners in 2020. They've gotten their reputation and recognition because of their talented, experienced, and fun staff.
As the Accounting Manager, you will organize and direct all general accounting activities. Maintains accounting systems that ensure the proper accounting and recording of company resources; provides financial statements, analysis, and other key management reports.
- Directs, monitors, and evaluates the activities and performance of the accounts payable and general accounting staff.
- Monitors current department accounting systems and procedures and revises as required.
- Prepares required governmental reports and responds to inquiries.
- Reviews daily cash flow reports and analyzes as required.
- Administers preparation of monthly financial reporting and performs analysis.
- Supervises disbursements of company funds to terms and in line with company policy.
- Prepares financial reports as required by corporate headquarters for issuance to banks.
- Verifies support schedules to general ledger control accounts.
- Identifies additions or deletions to accounts in general ledger to improve control.
- Assures fixed asset physical control and accounting.
- Coordinates year end audit review for external audit staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters’ degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years' general accounting experience and some supervisory/lead experience of an accounting department.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed participatory management and administrative skills, with proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel.
- Well organized with strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
Our client offers a competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package along with:
- A career path with unlimited potential in a company where technology IS their business
- A supportive management team who understands technology – and technologists
- Outstanding tools, documentation, and processes
- The ability to support a diverse base of over 300 IT environments
- The chance to work with more technological varieties, types and configurations in 1 year than most IT people see in a lifetime
- A solid culture based upon core values in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced environment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.