Mobile Android Application Developer (1 year of exp. with Android, Kotlin and/or Java) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Mobile Android Application Developer (1 year of exp. with Android, Kotlin and/or Java) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75013-2790
- Other Location
Title: Mobile Android Application Developer (1 year of exp. with Android, Kotlin and/or Java) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
As a Mobile Android Application Developer on our team, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by reimagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users.
The Mobile Application Developer works on our mobile banking apps in close cooperation with our product design and API teams. Android Developers are constantly keeping our applications up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across the United States. You’ll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
- Minimum 18 months of professional experience in software engineering.
- Minimum 1 year of professional programming experience with Android, Kotlin and/or Java.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Successfully shipped at least one application on Google Play.
- Strong knowledge of the Android framework and understanding of Android's ecosystem, including third party libraries.
- Hands on experience with Kotlin and/or Java in a professional environment.
- Strong understanding of Android UI design patterns and Material UI guidelines.
- Knowledge of integrating Mobile Apps with back end Web Services (REST).
- Knowledge of alternative Mobile App frameworks, tools and technologies such as Jenkins Continuous Integration Server, Git, and Maven.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Contributes to the functional design and architecture of customer-facing, high trafficked mobile applications.
- Designs and creates interactive graphic user interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Works with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API's to support the apps.
- Standardizes platform to be able to deliver across multiple brands with minimal effort.
- Standardizes and enforces coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies.