On-Call Hospice Case Manager (RN)
- Job Title
- On-Call Hospice Case Manager (RN)
- Job ID
- Lewisville, TX 75067
- Other Location
You've worked hard to get where you are today. You want your next step to be the right one. And now you're ready to use your skills, talents and personality to achieve great things.
Our client is committed to providing the highest level of comprehensive palliative medical care to their patients and their families. They strive to be the leader in the hospice industry by ensuring that their patients are treated with integrity and professionalism, focusing on optimizing his or her quality of life.
On-Call Hospice Case Manager (RN)
As the On-Call Hospice Case Manager (RN), we will rely on you to administer skilled nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency; and assume responsibility for coordination of care.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, you utilize you empathic and compassionate nature to successfully perform the following:
- Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the impact of the terminal disease on the patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial, and environmental needs and ADLs, i.e., risk for grief, cultural/spiritual, verbal /non-verbal.
- Implement the individualized POC and recommend revisions to the plan as necessary.
- Consult with and educate the patient/family regarding disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care, nutrition and dietary needs. Providing training to other staff as needed.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
- Coordinate all patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the IDT.
- Utilize case management approach and refer to other services as needed.
- Inform Physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's needs and outcomes of intervention, while evaluating patient/family response to care.
- Determine scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family needs.
- Assess ability of the caregiver to meet the patient's immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
- Evaluate own needs for support and using identified systems to meet the need.
- Communicate information using current process and technology available to the organization.
- Apply specific criteria for admission and re-certification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the patient's eligibility.
- Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to patients/families as assigned.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
- Licensure: Current State license as a Registered Nurse, current State Driver’s License.
- Experience: RN with at least 2 years of hospice experience along with experience working in a hospital unit or med/surg or as an ICU nurse.
- Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of Hepatitis consent/declination. Specialized skills preferred in palliation and end-of-life.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation and valid auto liability insurance.
- Environmental and Working Conditions: Works in patients home in various conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases; the ability to work a flexible schedule; the ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather.
- Physical and Mental Effort: Prolonged standing and walking required, with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and move patients. Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines and patient needs, and to make quick decisions and resource acquisition; meet patient/family individualized psycho social needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, extensive benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.